This Page

has been moved to new address

Cross Country

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Hungry Heart: Cross Country

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Cross Country

I really love the fall weather.
Jerry and I enjoyed the lovely weather yesterday afternoon at a high school cross country meet.

Jess is the girl's cross country coach at New Hartford High School (her and Jerry's Alma mater).
We went to cheer on her girls at their league championship meet at a local town park.

Ready to run

They're off!

Sadie helped cheer the girls on
It was a muddy course


Victorious Coach Jess
Congratulations to Jess and her girl's for their big win!

Jerry and I both ran cross country in high school, and it was kind of neat to watch a meet, 10 years removed.

When we got home we made a tasty beef and noodle stir fry.

I always have the same two problems when making stir fry; watery sauce, and making way too much food.

I managed to remedy one of those problems with the help of Food and Wine Magazine.
I used this recipe for their homemade General Tso's sauce.
They Tweeted this recipe yesterday, and I was excited to try it, since i had just bought a bottle of Chinese chili garlic sauce.
I just made the sauce this time, but I am excited to try out the whole recipe soon.

Chinese garlic chili paste, soy sauce, stock agave nectar

The secret to the F&W sauce is cornstarch. When you add the sauce mixture to the sauteed ginger and garlic, it gets all thick and glossy, thanks to the cornstarch. 
I also liked that you cooked the sauce separate, and then added it to your stir fry.
It coated all noodles and veggies nicely.


Our stir fry had broccoli, red and green peppers, onions, water chestnuts and Tylutki beef, on top of rice noodles.
I added peanuts to the top of mine and it gave it the perfect crunch.



I still ended up with enough food to feed a small army.
Or maybe a girl's cross country team.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At October 25, 2011 at 8:51 PM , Blogger Jess C said...

THANK YOU for coming to support us! You should know that the girls refer to you as Cioci Erin :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home