This Page

has been moved to new address

Irish Night

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Hungry Heart: Irish Night

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Irish Night

Is anyone else having a hard time adjusting to Daylight Savings Time?
I am having the hardest time getting out of bed before the sun comes up.
Jerry, on the other hand, is loving the extra day light after work, and is glad to be running outside instead of on the treadmill. 4 more weeks until he runs his 2nd Boston Marathon!

Also quickly approaching is St Patrick's Day.
Being half Irish and named Erin, I have always enjoyed celebrating St Patty's Day. I'm not a huge partier, but Jerry and I usually go out for a Reuben sandwich and a few beers.

Last night, we made Reubens.


I bought all of the ingredients for Reubens when I went grocery shopping on Sunday.
Corned beef (thick sliced from the deli), Heidelberg rye bread, Swiss cheese.
I haven't stopped thinking about eating them since Sunday.

A little sauerkraut and homemade Russian dressing, and we were good to go!


And then onto the grill pan.


Served with Alexia Waffle Fries and a pickle.


Jerry made me jealous and drank one of my favorite beers.


There is a 12 pack of Harp taunting me in the fridge. But that's ok because I have another favorite.
My favorite Ben and Jerry's flavor ever.


If Ben and Jerry's ever got rid of this flavor I think I would cry. Pieces of chocolate cookie in Irish cream flavored ice cream. So good.
(Bonus: Jerry hates the flavor of Irish cream so he won't go near my ice cream!)

Jerry loved this dinner. The waffle fries are his favorite, and he asked me to make up another batch of Russian dressing for dipping (super simple: mayo, ketchup, chopped dill pickle, splash of Worcestershire, salt and pepper).
I loved it but found myself wishing there was a little more meat on my sandwich. For some reason the corned beef tasted amazing to me.
And the pickle counts as a vegetable, right?


What are you doing to celebrate St Patrick's Day?

1 Comments:

At March 15, 2012 at 3:05 PM , Blogger EHHMom said...

how come i didnt know about that ben and jerry flavor?!
sandwiches look good, you did your Irish insides proud :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home