This Page

has been moved to new address

Childhood Favorite

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Hungry Heart: Childhood Favorite

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Childhood Favorite

I'm in love with my new cast iron skillet.

Last night's salmon came out perfect.


I seared it on the stove top for 4 minutes on Med/High, flesh side down.
Then I flipped it over and put it in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes.
Perfectly crisp on the outside and juicy in the middle.

(This was a pretty thick piece of fish. Reduce cooking time depending on thickness). 

It paired nicely with some leftover from this week.



A potato cake and a side of vegetable soup.

Yesterday when I got home from work I found myself craving chocolate.
I got the urge to make a treat from my childhood.

On The Stove Cookies, No Bake Cookies. Whatever you call them, they were one of my favorite cookies as a kid. 


And so easy to make. No baking required.
Boil ingredients on the stove, stir in peanut butter and tons of oatmeal.


You have yourself a cookie in 15 minutes.
The rough part is waiting another 15 for them to cool.
The best part is 'cleaning' the pan with a spoon :)


On Top of The Stove Cookies
makes about 2 dozen
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1/2 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/2 cup milk
Boil ingredients together in a large pot. Once the liquid boils, stir for one minute.
Remove pan from heat.
Add 1/2 cup peanut butter and 3 cups oatmeal, and stir.
While the mixture is still hot, drop by spoonfuls onto parchment paper.

I realize these cookies have tons of sugar.
A few years ago I tried to reduce the amount. Not a good idea.
It threw off the texture of the cookie, and they never set correctly.
Sometimes you just can't make a cookie 'healthy'. And I'm ok with that. 

I love these with a glass of milk. Or for breakfast.

I'm off to go eat my cookie breakfast.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At December 1, 2011 at 10:37 AM , Blogger jt_speedfreak said...

These were delicious!

 
At December 1, 2011 at 11:26 AM , Blogger Kate said...

I forgot about these! Mom made them all the time, now I'm wanting them! :)

 
At December 1, 2011 at 4:49 PM , Blogger EHHMom said...

Those cookies were from Aunt Love! and when you boil it exactly the right amount of time , they are the best! and eating with a spoon before they set is mandatory!

 
At December 9, 2011 at 11:26 AM , Anonymous Emily said...

i loved having these at your house!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home