This Page

has been moved to new address

Easy Meatless Soup

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Hungry Heart: Easy Meatless Soup

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Easy Meatless Soup

Soup is an easy way to make a quick, meatless meal.

Last night Mom and I made Chipotle Pumpkin Black Bean Soup.



With its beans and veggies, and served with yogurt, a sweet relish, and some crusty multi grain bread, this soup was a complete meal. 

Since this was a Rachael Ray recipe, it was super fast to put together.

Saute garlic and onions.
Add chipotles and beer. (We used a Post Road Pumpkin)
Add pumpkin and vegetable stock.
Season with salt, pepper, and cumin.
Add black beans, puree slightly.
Simmer 10 minutes.
Done!

We garnished the top with a relish of chopped apple, red onion, dried cranberries, and lemon juice.
Along with a big dollop of Greek yogurt.
The crusty chewy multi grain bread was the perfect dipper.



I have made this soup before, and Jerry was never a fan.
But yesterday both he and my brother gobbled it up.
I think it was because we pureed the black beans a little. Beans are usually Jerry's least favorite part of any meal. Using the immersion blender meant less whole beans and a nice thick soup.

Low in calories, high in fiber, and big on taste!
This is one of my go-to winter soups. 

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At November 15, 2011 at 5:54 PM , Blogger EHHMom said...

Man, I am sorry I sent the leftovers home with you!! I could eat it again tonight :)

 
At November 16, 2011 at 6:53 AM , Blogger Erin said...

I would miss that bread. It was almost as good as the soup!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home