This Page

has been moved to new address

Applesauce with a Chance of Snow

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Hungry Heart: Applesauce with a Chance of Snow

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Applesauce with a Chance of Snow

Hazardous Weather Outlook

Today: A chance of rain and snow after 3pm. Cloudy, with a high near 44. East wind between 5 and 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible

Snow is in the forecast!
I love snow. Especially the first snow fall.
Don't get me wrong, I am sick of it by February just like everyone else.
But every year I look forward to the first flakes hitting the ground. 

I think my love of snow has intensified since I met Jerry.
Maybe it's because he lets me park in our one stall garage, and rarely lets me shovel.

But it's mostly because the man LOVES Christmas.

He is like a little kid around the holidays. And his joy is contagious.
We are those obnoxious people that turn the Christmas music on in November. There are few things that make me happier than listening to Jerry belt out Let It Snow!

Except maybe the smell of apples and cinnamon simmering on the stove on a cold morning.


I chopped up 6 large apples for applesauce. I added a teaspoon of cinnamon and let it simmer until the apples started to break down.


While it cooked I made myself a bowl of hot cereal.


I made multi-grain cereal with a pinch of cinnamon and 1/3 cup chopped apples thrown in while it cooked. Topped with peanut butter and dried cranberries.


Apple and peanut butter is one of my favorite flavor combinations.
But I must make a mental note to make the multi-grain cereal with milk next time. It could have used a little creaminess. The texture just seemed blah.

Jerry and I are off to hunt for Halloween costumes today. I am not a fan of dressing up, so we'll see what Jerry talks me in to!

Are you excited for snow!?

1 Comments:

At October 29, 2011 at 9:22 AM , Blogger EHHMom said...

I do not park in a garage and I never heard dad belt "let it snow" and I shovel! Not so excited to see this season start...but there are fun moments,putting on my big warm sorrell boots and watching seamus "hop" off the deck into a snowy backyard...and shopping for surprise gifts!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home