This Page

has been moved to new address

Weekend Oats

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Hungry Heart: Weekend Oats

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Weekend Oats

It isn't exactly a lovely day in the neighborhood.
Cold, wet, drizzly.



A perfect morning for making steel cut oats.  Steel cut is my favorite kind of oatmeal, but it takes a long time to cook. Perfect for a Saturday morning when you are voluntarily up before the sun!


Prepare oats according to package directions. Remove from heat and stir in 1/4 cup pumpkin, 1 teaspoon agave nectar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, a pinch of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice, and a tablespoon of almond or peanut butter.

The result is creamy, chewy pumpkin pie in a bowl.



Delicious with a glass of apple cider.

Tips:
  • I use water and milk when cooking my oats to make them extra creamy
  • I cook them longer than the package directions, or they come out very very chewy.
  • One serving is huge! I have never been able to finish a whole bowl of this.
  • You can substitute any kind of oats you like. I got the inspiration for these oats from an oat bran recipe from Peas and Thank You. Super creamy!

I'm off to go put on my boots and raincoat. Jerry and I have a cross country meet to time!


Labels:

2 Comments:

At October 22, 2011 at 8:50 AM , Blogger Clare said...

this looks so good. i need to try it. instead of actually making anything (besides your pumpkin lattes which makes me feel very accomplished) I did buy a pair of pumpkin colored pants that i am currently wearing...it may be time for an intervention but you can't make me go to pumpkin rehab!

 
At October 23, 2011 at 8:38 AM , Blogger Erin said...

Its really just stirring a few things into your oatmeal, you should definitely try it.
Last week someone asked me why I looked tan. I seriously think it is all the pumpkin and squash I have been eating....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home