This Page

has been moved to new address

Feels Like Fall

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Hungry Heart: Feels Like Fall

Monday, October 3, 2011

Feels Like Fall

Well the weather certainly feels like October!

Jerry and I spent a very cold and wet morning timing the Cazenovia Homecoming Invitational on Saturday.
Perfect weather for running; 45 degrees and drizzling.
Freezing weather for standing still with a stopwatch in your hand.
If my fingers could have functioned properly, I would have taken some pictures. The Equine Center at Cazenovia College is a beautiful setting for a cross country meet.

After foolishly wearing sneakers to the meet, I promptly went out and bought a pair of rubber boots.


I'm going to be the cutest girl standing in 3 inches of mud you ever saw.

On Sunday Jerry and I relaxed, ate donuts, and drank pumpkin lattes.


Does anyone else love the last few sips when the pumpkin settles to the bottom? Delish.

After spending some time up at farm with Jerry's family, we ended the weekend with some leftovers and pumpkin beer (what else?).


Jess and Jeremy came over for dinner Friday and we ordered Greek food from Symeon's. It is always so good.


Jerry and I shared this plate of leftover appetizers for dinner. Calamari, roasted red peppers, kasseri and feta cheese, kalamata olives, peperoncinis, bread, and grape leaves. I added big dollops of Greek yogurt and Sabra Roasted Garlic hummus.

Washed down with Dogfish Head Punkin Ale.


I've been working on my first round  of pumpkin beer reviews. And Punkin Ale is still the clear leader.
The spice, pumpkin, and subtle sweetness of this seasonal beer is my favorite. It pairs nicely with the "full bodied" brown ale, and isn't too high in alcohol.

Happy October!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At October 3, 2011 at 11:12 AM , Blogger LaurenMcC said...

LOVE the boots!

 
At October 3, 2011 at 5:28 PM , Blogger Erin said...

Aren't they cute?! Gotta love TJ Maxx.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home