This Page

has been moved to new address

Pumpkin Latte

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Hungry Heart: Pumpkin Latte

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Pumpkin Latte

My obsession with pumpkin is growing.
I have been drinking pumpkin lattes like it is my job.



I know many people who wait anxiously for their favorite coffee shops to bring out the pumpkin flavored coffees and lattes in the fall. I was never a huge fan, since cinnamon is not my favorite flavor. I wait for the Peppermint Mocha during the holidays.

My brother in law mentioned a few weeks ago that he tried a pumpkin coffee at a very popular coffee chain. He said it was gross.
So I did some sleuthing and found out why.

America runs on coffee +  Pumpkin Spice Syrup.

A syrup that has artificial flavors, preservatives and 34 grams of sugar! (in a medium coffee).
(I apologize if I just ruined your favorite morning beverage)

I like to think my pumpkin latte is just as delicious, and a whole lot healthier. 

Pumpkin Latte
  • prepare one shot of espresso or 2 oz of very strong coffee
  • mix 1/3 cup of milk with 1 tablespoon of pumpkin puree
  • heat milk/pumpkin and add to coffee
  • stir in 1-2 teaspoons of maple syrup
  • garnish with cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
Since the cinnamon is not my favorite I add 1/2-1 teaspoon to my espresso (or coffee) grounds, so I just get a hint of spice.
I also use the frothing attachment on my espresso maker to steam my milk.


Its not a big deal if you don't have one, but they make a nice, inexpensive milk frother at IKEA.




The maple syrup in this is wonderful!
You may want to make a double.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At September 22, 2011 at 8:44 PM , Blogger LaurenMcC said...

Yum! We are totally making these post-race! Can you bring your pie spice bc I don't think I have it :)

 
At September 23, 2011 at 8:55 AM , Blogger Suzanne said...

Amazing! Wish I still had my capp machine! :/

 
At September 23, 2011 at 11:18 AM , Blogger Denny Love said...

YESSSS POST RACE PSL's!

 
At September 24, 2011 at 9:16 AM , Blogger Clare said...

i'm actually going out now to try to find pumpkin puree...i don't have a milk frother but i do have a fork...I'm excited but scared at the same time.

 
At September 25, 2011 at 4:31 PM , Blogger Erin said...

Su, we used coffee today and it wasn't half bad.
Clare, how was it?!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home