This Page

has been moved to new address

Spicy!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Hungry Heart: Spicy!

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Spicy!

I'm still in relaxation mode after the half marathon.

I did manage to get to the grocery store so I could make dinner last night.

I also had a pre-dinner snack.

The name gets a 10, I thought it was very clever :)

River Horse Hipp-O-Lantern Imperial Pumpkin with a side of buffalo wing cheese. I got this local beer while in New Jersey. I have had River Horse beer on tap there before, but had never seen it in upstate NY.
The beer was very good, although not overwhelmingly spicy or pumpkin-y. I would love to try some of River Horse's other beers, but this one was not my favorite pumpkin.
7/10.
 After too many pieces of really spicy cheese, it was on to dinner. (I wonder if that's why the beer tasted bland?)

I was in the mood for Caesar salad, Jerry was in the mood for Chipotle Dip. I combined the two and made a spicy Caesar dressing.

I used my basic Caesar dressing recipe, but used a cup of yogurt, a drizzle of honey, and half of a chipotle pepper.
Yum!


I loved the homemade multigrain croutons

Jerry had a side of Alexia Waffle Fries. If you haven't tried Alexia brand frozen foods yet, I recommend you do. The waffle fries are all natural, lightly seasoned, and perfect for dipping.

Source

I have about 10 more pounds of tomatoes from my in law's garden. I better get cracking on more sauce!

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At September 28, 2011 at 4:55 PM , Blogger EHHMom said...

yum on the awesome looking croutons!
I have Alexia garlic, rosemary and olive oil potatoes ready for tonight!
...and EHH, there really is no such thing as too many pieces of cheese :)!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home