This Page

has been moved to new address

Cook Tasty Food

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Hungry Heart: Cook Tasty Food

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Cook Tasty Food

Check out this awesome bumper sticker/magnet that Kevin and Sara got me!


I think I am going to leave it on my fridge. Seems like an appropriate place to have it.

This really is the reason I come home and cook dinner most nights.
This is going to sound cheesy, but I love food and I love my husband (and friends/family, etc). So what better way to show you love them than to cook tasty food?

And on the right is my baby shower invitation! It arrived in the mail yesterday. Could it be any cuter?!

I took the sticker's advice and cooked Jerry a few tasty things this week.
Tuesday was a roasted chicken alongside roasted potatoes, carrots, and onions.






The side dish is a Farley family staple. It is just thinly sliced potato, onion, and carrot tossed in olive oil, salt and pepper. Then a sprinkle of paprika on top. I roasted these for abut an hour on 375, stirring the veggies a few times.
I also used one sweet potato and one regular potato. Tasted like home!


I also made a little gravy, a staple for Jerry when he has roasted chicken.
I know he like this, because he took all of the leftovers to work. (We saved a little of the white meat chicken to make Chicken Tortilla soup for Thursday's dinner).

He also devoured last night's dinner, Indiana Chili (a beef version of my Easy Vegetarian Chili).

His and hers.
His portion makes mine look tiny, but there was a lot of chili in there! I also went back for extra avocado.

While the chili simmered we got in a little outside time with Sadie.




5 minutes after coming inside for dinner it started hailing. It was so strange!

One more day of work and then I have a long weekend. Only in Utica would a government office close on Good Friday...

Just a dentist appointment and a glucose test separate me from the weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home