This Page

has been moved to new address

Simple Salmon and Quinoa

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Hungry Heart: Simple Salmon and Quinoa

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Simple Salmon and Quinoa

I have been out of quinoa for a while. I think the last time I made it was August!
I used to make this side dish quite often. It was never Jerry's favorite, but I think it is growing on him.
Must be all the onions and garlic in there.

Quinoa with Veggies

  • 1 cup quinoa, cooked to package directions
  • 3 small carrots
  • 2 large stalks of celery
  • 1 large onion
  • 3-4 cloves of garlic, crushed
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries
  • 3-4 oz crumbled feta or goat cheese
  • chopped parsley
  • pinch of crushed red pepper
Chop the veggies into a small dice. Saute veggies and garlic in olive oil and crushed red pepper until almost tender. Add salt and pepper. I like the veggies al dente in this side dish.You could pretty much use any vegetable you like in this dish, but the carrot/celery/onion is my go-to combo.
Remove from heat and stir in your quinoa, dried cranberries, feta, and tons of chopped parsley.
This makes a great warm side dish, but can also be served cold.


It was the perfect side to some pan fried wild salmon.


I was excited to try this frozen Wild Sockeye Alaskan Salmon. It is the Target Archer Farm's brand, and the fish comes frozen in individual 5 oz servings. It was only around $5/lb and has no additives.
The fillets are a little on the thin side, but delicious. And cheaper than the farm raised salmon at my grocery store. I know I have said this before, but wild salmon is clearly superior to farm raised, in both taste (my opinion) and for the environment. Source.

I will definitely be stocking my freezer.

Meat doesn't seem to be too appealing to me during pregnancy, and seafood seems to be all I am craving. I could probably eat seafood 4 or 5 times a week. Salmon is also one of Jerry's favorites, so I know I won't hear any complaints from him.


Are you a fish lover or hater?

1 Comments:

At April 12, 2012 at 9:15 AM , Blogger EHHMom said...

fish! pictures are great. I have wild salmon ready for tonight.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home