This Page

has been moved to new address

Sorta Saltimbocca

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Hungry Heart: Sorta Saltimbocca

Monday, May 23, 2011

Sorta Saltimbocca

Got home late after a meeting and a workout and wanted to throw together a quick dinner. I had some Boursin cheese and some defrosted chicken breast that I wanted to use up. If you've never had Boursin you must try it! It is crumbly, spreadable, soft garlic and herb cheese that is amazing on a Tricsuit.
A pseudo-saltimbocca came to mind. Traditionally, saltimbocca is rolled meat (usually veal) with sage and prosciutto and maybe some sort of cheese. But I just used what I had on hand.
I pounded out the chicken very thin, spread on a layer of the cheese, and add a layer of baby spinach:


I rolled them up, starting at the smaller end, and secured them with toothpicks. I browned them in some olive oil, added some chicken stock, covered the pan, and threw it in a 350 oven for 12 minutes.
When it was done I removed the chicken rolls, and put the pan back on the stove. I tossed in the juice of one large lemon and some dry Riesling:
  
I tossed those lemon slices in too. I only used a splash of the wine because it was a little sweet for a 'dry' Riesling.  I liked the wine, just didn't want make the sauce too sweet. (Hubs gave the wine two thumbs up, he tends to like em' a little sweeter than me).
I let the sauce reduce and tossed some green beans into a pan for a side dish. Jer loves all things garlic and made some garlic toast (that simple side deserves its own post!).
Not the most photogenic meal, but pretty darn good for 30 minutes! I would add a little more lemon next time, but Jerry even poured the sauce on his beans. And ate the sauteed lemons....
Now I'm off to help Jer finish off that Riesling!




5 Comments:

At May 24, 2011 at 12:45 AM , Blogger Suzanne said...

Looks pretty photogenic to me! <3

 
At May 24, 2011 at 1:24 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Fabulous, Erin! Will try this one soon!! :)

 
At May 24, 2011 at 3:34 PM , Blogger EHHMom said...

Wow, like the way you adapt "recipes".... that's a sign of a creative cook! yum

 
At May 25, 2011 at 1:22 PM , Blogger Denny Love said...

I definitely wanna make this sometime! love it.

 
At May 26, 2011 at 8:00 AM , Blogger Clare said...

You just came up with that? super cool! can I move in to your house?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home