This Page

has been moved to new address

Breakfast and Rest

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Hungry Heart: Breakfast and Rest

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Breakfast and Rest

My inspiration for breakfast was fresh strawberries and Kath at KERF. She calls it a Dough Boy Smoothie.
Basically, you put your overnight oats in the blender to make a smoothie. I added strawberries and half a scoop of chocolate Amazing Meal to my overnight oats (1/2 cup each of rolled oats, almond milk, and Greek yogurt).

The result was a soft pink soup/smoothie in my new oatmeal bowl. I added some crunchy granola and a few more berries.
I loved the texture of this. Soupy, but a little chewy from the oats. You could probably drink this from a straw, but then you miss out on adding your toppings. Best part!

Despite my yummy breakfast I am pretty bummed after my trip to the chiropractor yesterday. I have been dealing with tailbone pain for quite a while now, which basically prevents me from sitting and sleeping comfortably. The good news is that the doctor thinks he can relieve the pain. The bad news is that he thinks it will take 40 visits over the course of the next year! He also said the only exercise this week should be spinning and walking. He didn't like the idea of running or TurboKick, and said no strength training for a couple weeks. I am a little nervous that I will fall of the exercise bandwagon. But....
Time to think positive! Hopefully the rest will help, and it will give me a chance to take Sadie for a few more walks this week. And maybe I will be able to sit on the couch soon!

4 Comments:

At June 21, 2011 at 7:46 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm surprised spinning doesn't bother your tailbone. I fell down some stairs about 5 years ago, and mine still hurts. Spinning was almost the nail in my coffin! I admire your drive and yummy dinners! :)

 
At June 21, 2011 at 8:02 AM , Blogger ridiculouslikethat said...

Well, I am glad you have a solution. What about swimming?

 
At June 21, 2011 at 3:41 PM , Blogger EHHMom said...

Seamus and I are in on those walks...keep thinking positive because your healthy habits are for life...maybe just not for the next few weeks :)

 
At June 21, 2011 at 6:43 PM , Blogger Erin said...

@Grace: Spinning doesn't hurt as long as I lean forward. I just can't sit upright on the bike. I'm glad you like the blog!

@Ridic: I've never been a big swimmer, but that is a good excuse to ask Jerry for a pool!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home