This Page

has been moved to new address

Take-Out Temptation

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Hungry Heart: Take-Out Temptation

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Take-Out Temptation

In addition to being uninspired for dinner ideas tonight, I had a pretty crappy day.

For lunch I had leftover greens and beans that I made on Monday. Instead of the usual escarole, I used Swiss chard. It had tons of garlic, a little pecorino, and some cannellini beans. It is one of my favorites.


Dinner was another story. We had about four kinds of lettuce in the fridge, and not much else. Jerry ran the Development Run 10k tonight, so at 8pm we had to decide what to make for dinner. I usually know what I am making for dinner by 9am, so this was unusual.
This is when Jerry suggested take-out. I almost said yes. Then he saw my pained expression and suggested we head to the grocery store. We bought tons of produce and I left the store feeling relieved I wasn't eating take-out.
We went home and made gigantic salads.
Spicy baby greens, red lettuce, romain, and baby spinach. Tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, and goat cheese. Jerry had red onion and scallions. He really, really loves onions.
I made a quick dressing with lemon, olive oil, garlic, honey, salt, and pepper.
Mine had cranberries and almonds, Jerry added grilled chicken to his.
So, the moral of the story is: no matter how crappy your day was, you still have time for real food. And a Saranac!

2 Comments:

At June 9, 2011 at 12:07 AM , Blogger Kate said...

I love this and am now craving a salad!

 
At June 9, 2011 at 6:20 AM , Blogger EHHMom said...

when life hands you a crappy day- make a salad!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home