This Page

has been moved to new address

Mom's Sunday Dinner

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Hungry Heart: Mom's Sunday Dinner

Monday, June 6, 2011

Mom's Sunday Dinner

On Sunday Jerry and I had dinner at my Mom and Dad's house. The only hints Mom gave me about dinner was that it involved a blueberry BBQ sauce and salmon. I was sold!
It was a perfect night to eat on the deck. We opened a bottle of wine when we got there. I would say it was white since we were eating fish, but frankly, I tend to drink whatever I am in the mood for. But this was a Sauvignon Blanc, one of my favorite whites.
Charles Krug 2006 Sauvignon Blanc, Napa Valley
It was bright and crisp and slightly floral. It wasn't oak-y or sweet. I really loved this wine.
Then came dinner. The salad was almost too pretty to eat!
The red onion was a perfect compliment to the blueberries and watermelon. The lettuce is baby spinach and some of the spicy baby greens I got at the farmer's market. It was dressed with lime juice, honey, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Light and delicious! I could have just eaten this and been happy.
But there was much more.
How beautiful is that plate?! The blueberry glaze on the salmon was excellent, and surprisingly not sweet. On the left is a bean salad with grilled zucchini. There was also some baguette that was grilled and then rubbed with garlic. It was a great grilled dinner.
But Mom wasn't done. There was dessert.
A rhubarb and raspberry torte. Now, I am not going to claim this was healthy, but there was fruit and the crust was whole wheat. We won't dwell on the butter. Or the ice cream....
It was a lovely Sunday dinner. My Mom is a wonderful cook. And we even had a friend under the table.

Seamus
I think he was waiting for a piece of crust  ;)

3 Comments:

At June 6, 2011 at 10:49 PM , Blogger LaurenMcC said...

Well I hope someone gave that handsome man some crust!

 
At June 7, 2011 at 6:27 AM , Blogger EHHMom said...

The company was even better than that dinner, how come food tastes better when cooked for family!?

 
At June 8, 2011 at 7:16 AM , Blogger Erin said...

Lauren, he was sitting next to Dad, I'm sure he got something!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home