This Page

has been moved to new address

Lime-y Fish Taco Love

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Hungry Heart: Lime-y Fish Taco Love

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Lime-y Fish Taco Love

Tonight's dinner was Mexican. Jerry and I both love Mexican food, and it can be healthy if it isn't covered in cheese! On tonight's menu was tilapia tacos and chipotle slaw with black bean mango salad on the side.
 
I make lots of different versions of black bean salad/salsa. This one had tomatoes, onion, garlic, mango, black beans and cilantro. And lots of lime juice!
Sometimes I add avocado, but we saved that for the tacos. And I love corn, but it looked horrible at the grocery store today. Can't wait for local corn season!
Next up was the chipotle slaw for the tacos. To make it healthier I used 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt and two tablespoons of mayo for the sauce. I added the juice of three limes and little extra chipotle. If you've never cooked with chipotles you should give them a try. They are smoked jalapenos in a vinegary sauce (adobo). But be careful because they are spicy!
I sprinkled the tilapia fillets with a little cumin and smoked sweet paprika and cooked them in a spritz of olive oil. Then everything went together into a corn tortilla. I was disappointed that I couldn't find one without preservatives, but they tasted good. I prefer them to flour tortillas.
Jerry opted for Dinosaur BBQ Garlic Chipotle Pepper Sauce on his. I went for the Tabasco we brought back from Costa Rica.
Overall I would give this dinner two thumbs up. Tilapia is not my favorite, but I didn't mind it in the taco. The whole thing was bright and spicy and lime-y!
Tomorrow we are finally going to have some nice weather so I am looking forward to firing up the grill!

6 Comments:

At May 25, 2011 at 1:37 PM , Blogger Maria T said...

did you use cilantro?

 
At May 25, 2011 at 3:40 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Delish!

 
At May 25, 2011 at 5:21 PM , Blogger EHHMom said...

love adobo thanks to you!

 
At May 25, 2011 at 7:25 PM , Blogger Jess C said...

I LOVE that black bean salad - as you probably already know because I ask about once a season what you put in yours!

 
At May 25, 2011 at 8:10 PM , Blogger Erin said...

@Maria: I did use cilantro in the black bean salad, but not in the slaw. It would have been delicious in the slaw but I just planted my cilantro so I am trying to ration it! I used to hate cilantro, but ever since our vaca to Costa Rica it has really been growing on me.

 
At May 25, 2011 at 9:05 PM , Blogger LaurenMcC said...

Cilantro and tilapia! Who are you?!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home