This Page

has been moved to new address

Predictable Tzatziki

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Hungry Heart: Predictable Tzatziki

Monday, July 11, 2011

Predictable Tzatziki

I had a great weekend, but boy am I glad to be back to my routine today. I find comfort in predictably.
One thing I find predictably delicious, is Tzatziki Sauce. So simple, so good!
  • 12 oz fat free Greek yogurt
  • 1/3 English cucumber, peeled and grated
  • the juice of 1 lemon
  • small clove of garlic, grated or pressed
  • salt and pepper
Once the cucumber is grated I put it in a dish towel and squeeze out all the liquid. Then you just mix all the ingredients together. You could also add some olive oil for richness, and some parsley or mint.

It is great as a dip. Or on a salad. Or on bread. Or a sandwich. Or a spoon!

We enjoyed our tzatziki on salads tonight.


With a side of (what else?) grilled pizza. Plain old whole wheat with sauce and mozzarella.




It was Meatless Monday for me, but Jerry put some leftover meatballs on his. I thought I would have leftover sauce from Saturday, but I had to stop and pick up a jarred sauce at the store. I went with Central Market Classics (Price Chopper's brand) Sicilian Gravy. I am normally really unhappy with jarred sauce, but this wasn't awful.
I love how crispy the whole wheat crust gets on the grill. I ate almost half my pizza and a huge salad, and I'm stuffed to the brim. I'm not feeling guilty because I worked up a sweat at TurboKick tonight. And looking forward to BodyPump after work tomorrow. I hope I'm not embarrassed when my Mom lifts more weights than me!

2 Comments:

At July 12, 2011 at 9:19 AM , Blogger jt_speedfreak said...

Tzatziki dip is a favorite, but I don't think it beats the Chipotle dip! These two dips are a common occurence in our house, and I love them both!

P.S. the meatballs were worth putting on my pizza ;-)

 
At July 12, 2011 at 9:27 PM , Blogger EHHMom said...

I am paying dearly for those weights but your form was totally better.:)
agree about the dip, but I am out of garlic and lemons- who am I?!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home