This Page

has been moved to new address

Week in Review

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Hungry Heart: Week in Review

Friday, July 1, 2011

Week in Review

Jerry won the Open Division of the Boilermaker Mile!!! (Open division was anyone not in high school or college).
He ran it in a speedy 4:27!
I am so proud of him! He trains so hard and I love to watch him improve each time he races.
We celebrated Wednesday night with Japanese takeout and a bottle of wine.
2009 Quinta da Aveleda Vinho Verde
This was a Portuguese wine that the guy at the liquor store recommended. He approached me while I was browsing in the Pinot Grigio/Sauvignon Blanc section. I usually hate when the workers at the liquor store give me unsolicited advice. But he described this wine as "What Pinot Grigio wishes it tasted like". I was intrigued by this so I bought it. He was right. Better than any Pinot I've had. And one of the best whites I have had for $10.
Yesterday's dinner was a cold soba noodle salad with peanut sauce. I added scallions, carrot, and red peppers.
The flavor of the salad was very good, but I have to tweak the sauce a little before I post a recipe. The consistency was a little gummy. But it was tasty so I am excited to try it again.
Exercise this week was pretty good; Sunday spinning, Monday TurboKick, Tuesday gym, Thursday BodyPump.
This was my first Body Pump class. Holy.Crap.It was hard! My whole body felt like Jello afterward. I am not really sore today, but I am not looking forward to tomorrow. That being said I will definitely try it again. It should be better now that I know what weights to use for each exercise. Plus the instructor and music were great.
It is nearly July and I haven't been running much at all this summer. My exercise goal for next week is to get at least a few miles in.
Today is my sister Kate's birthday! We are headed for a pedicure after work and then dinner at the Huddle on Main. Jerry and I ate there on our anniversary in May and loved it. I will try to discretely take pictures of the food. The food presentation there is so pretty.
We are headed down to Jersey City for the holiday weekend to see my sister and brother-in-law. We'll do lots of cooking, spend lots of time at the beer garden, and possibly hit up Central Park.
It is going to be a beautiful weekend!

What are your plans for the 4th?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home