This Page

has been moved to new address

Summer Dinners

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Hungry Heart: Summer Dinners

Friday, August 12, 2011

Summer Dinners

After a busy few days I was proud that I dragged myself out of bed this morning for a short run. My legs felt a little tight after BodyPump last night, but they loosened up after a few minutes.


I am trying to psych myself up for a 6 mile run tomorrow. The weather should be nice and cool and I have a cute new pair of running short to test out. New running clothes always keep me motivated  :)

Even though we have had dinner pretty late this week, we have still managed to have some yummy, healthy meals.
Wednesday I made a salad with local corn scraped off the cob, tomatoes, avocado, and jalapenos. Just a little salt, pepper, lime juice, and olive oil for dressing.


Eaten over a fried egg, baby arugula, and a piece of toast

Last night Jerry took charge of dinner. He made steak and veggie skewers on the grill.


I made whole wheat couscous and a Dijon vinaigrette. I mixed some fresh parsley and basil into the couscous and put my veggies on top. I drizzled the dressing on top. So good!


These two meals are an example of why I love summer cooking so much. Grilled food, fresh flavors. Local sweet corn, and tomatoes from a friend's garden. I could eat like this all year!

Stay tuned later today for a happy hour post, featuring a delicious new martini recipe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home