This Page

has been moved to new address

No Time For Rest

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Hungry Heart: No Time For Rest

Sunday, July 31, 2011

No Time For Rest

I feel like I have been going non-stop since the opera on Thursday!
Friday night we went to a lovely wedding at Twin Pond Golf and Country Club.We had a great time dancing, eating, and drinking with my co-workers.

Seafood stuffed haddock with roasted veggies and wild rice

Saturday morning was the Ranger Run 5K at the Great American Irish Festival. I was pleased with my time of 31:20, a 32 second improvement from last year. Not bad considering the 3.5 glasses of wine I drank at the wedding the night before!
Jerry ran an amazing race. He won in 17:22. I can't find previous results online, but I'm pretty sure it was a course record. We waited around for 2 hours for him to pick up his award. It only seemed logical to have a few beers while we waited.

I dressed for the occasion!
Harp for me, Saranac for Jer
Then we raced off to Albany to watch my cousin's baseball game. They live in Delaware and they have travelled twice to NY for tournaments this summer. It was so nice to see my aunt, uncle, and cousins.

Go Michael!

Last night we had dinner in Albany with my parents and Aunt Pam and Uncle Mike (AP and UM) at the Pump Station. They had been there the night before, but we weren't really familiar with dining options in Albany, so we decided to go there again. The food and beer were excellent.

The Evans Ale Sampler

NY Strip with Gorgonzola and red onion chutney
We even had a visitor that wanted to drink with us.

That is one drunk fly!
My Uncle Mike sent the beer back. His only complaint was that fly drank too much of it.
I really wish AP and UM didn't live so far away. They are so much fun!


Today is another gorgeous day outside. Jerry has already ran 10 miles and I threw together my Nan's Pineapple Pasta Salad. (I will post the recipe later). 
We are headed off to Hinckley Reservoir State Park for some fun in the sun!

4 Comments:

At July 31, 2011 at 11:26 AM , Blogger EHHMom said...

that was one weekend packed with fun...
work Monday to rest :)

 
At July 31, 2011 at 1:06 PM , Blogger LaurenMcC said...

What a great pic of you and Jer, you like awesome!

 
At July 31, 2011 at 6:40 PM , Blogger Jess C said...

I love that dress!!! The steak (and beer) look so delicious!

 
At July 31, 2011 at 7:31 PM , Blogger Erin said...

Thanks! I do love that picture of us. We clean up nice!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home