This Page

has been moved to new address

Hello Weekend!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Hungry Heart: Hello Weekend!

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hello Weekend!

Is it Friday yet? Almost! And it is even better when you have the day off. I can almost taste the weekend.
I went to BodyPump tonight so I wanted to make dinner quickly when I got home. A salad is always my go-to meal when it is hot out. No better way to beat the heat with cool, crisp veggies. Jerry was up at the farm helping with hay again, so I took the opportunity to make baked tofu. Tofu is something Jerry will not eat. I'm not sure why, because it is so good when marinated and baked until it has crispy brown edges.

Marinade/Dressing:
  • 3 Tbls balsamic vinegar
  • 3 Tbls olive oil
  • 1-2 cloves minced garlic (or 1/2 tsp garlic powder)
  • 1Tbls honey
  • dash of cayenne pepper
  • 2 tsp Dijon mustard
  • salt and pepper
Whisk everything to combine. Pour over thickly sliced firm or extra firm tofu. You can marinate for up to an hour, or cook immediately. Bake at 400 on a cookie sheet for 30 minutes, turning tofu once. This will give you tofu that is crispy around the edges, but still moist in the middle. If you want a more firm, dry result, bake at 325 for 45-60 minutes.
I like this tofu on salads and in sandwiches. Or by itself. And it is good hot or cold.

The rest of my dinner was spring mix/baby lettuces, cucumber, green pepper, tomatoes, goat cheese, cranberries, homemade garlic croutons, and a drizzle of the reserved marinade as my dressing.


With a glass of Pina Colada seltzer on the side.  I think I'm obsessed.



Jerry and I are off to the woods for the weekend. We are camping with our friends Kevin and Sara at Brown Tract Pond in the Adirondacks. We are planning lots of kayaking, hot dogs, beach, and beer. Excited for a weekend of friends and campfires!
Stay cool, Folks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home