This Page

has been moved to new address

Will Run for Smoothies

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Hungry Heart: Will Run for Smoothies

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Will Run for Smoothies

I love Saturday mornings that involve a run, a berry smoothie, and the farmer's market!
This morning was perfect weather for a run, low 60s and a little hazy. I did my 6 mile 'long run' for the week on the canal path along the Erie Canal. It is a 7 mile pedestrian/bike path that goes from Utica to Oriskany. It is my favorite place to run, since there is no traffic and it is mostly shaded.

I drove to the parking lot and did 3 miles out, and 3 miles back. After the first couple miles I started to feel pretty good. I ended up running (ever-so-slight) negative splits.

Mile 1: 10:59
Mile 2: 10:54
Mile 3: 10:45
Mile 4: 10:27
Mile 5: 10:03  --- I have no idea where that came from!
Mile 6: 10:21

Jer let me use his watch, a Garmin ForeRunner 405


Could my face be more red? That is how I always look when I run. And you can't see them, but the new shorts I was testing out were pretty comfy. I may go back and get another pair in a smaller size.
The only negative to this morning's run was a bloody toe I discovered when I got home. Goodbye pretty pink pedicure, hello ugly runner's feet.

I made myself a huge smoothie when I got home. I just kept throwing things into the blender.


Half a banana, frozen strawberries, frozen blueberries, 2% Chobani yogurt, coconut milk, chia seeds, and a packet of Amazing Meal. Whew!



This tasted soooo good after my run. It was icy cold from the frozen fruit, and nice and thick from the yogurt and chia seeds. On top was the remainder of last week's failed baking experiment. Bad as a cookie, excellent as a smoothie topping.


I finished my whole berry smoothie, much to Sadie's disappointment.

"I can't believe you didn't save me any!"
Afterwards I met my Mom at the farmer's market. They had lots of homegrown vegetables this week. I got peppers, organic garlic, beets, and of course, sweet corn. I also picked up some peaches and more local goat cheese.

I am off to see a Guster concert with my brother tonight and Jerry has a movie date with his Mom!

2 Comments:

At August 13, 2011 at 2:21 PM , Blogger Jess C said...

I love smoothies! I have to look at your 'amazing meal' link to see what it is...I'm on a mission to eat healthy and artificial/processed free (another reason I love your blog). Great run - you'll be fine for the half! What brand running shorts?

 
At August 13, 2011 at 2:49 PM , Blogger Erin said...

I love Amazing Meal. I will bring a few packets over for you to try. The shorts are Asics, on the clearance rack at Sneaker Store!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home