This Page

has been moved to new address

Soup and Speed Work

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Hungry Heart: Soup and Speed Work

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Soup and Speed Work

I had a delightfully girly evening last night.
Jerry worked late again last night, so I decided on a dinner that I would love, and he would not love. (Don't worry, he ate lasagna for the 3rd day in a row and was perfectly happy).

It all started with a veggie burger.


This one a homemade one that I had in the freezer from a few months ago. I fried it until it was golden on both sides, and let let it cook 10 minutes in the oven at 350.

On top of my burger I had curry squash soup (homemade, that I also pulled out of my freezer).


I topped it with two big scoops of Greek yogurt.
And half a Heidelberg Ciabatta roll.


I haven't had soup in months, and this was so good. I loved the cool yogurt with the spicy curry. And digging for the burger at the bottom. But dunking the bread was the best part!

Sadie kept me company while I ate. If you look closely you can actually see the drool.


She must like curry more than Jerry does.

I also spotted this as I ate. It must have known I was having a Fall-ish meal.


After a little shopping, I ended my evening wandering around Barnes and Noble. I treated myself to a new magazine and a Caramel Macchiato.

Dessert, only 140 calories for the tall nonfat :)
I then proceeded to spend an hour browsing in the cookbook section. So proud for not buying one.

Yesterday's run was a sort of speed workout. I jogged a mile to the local track, and then I ran hard for 100 meters, and recovered for 100 meters. I basically ran the straightaways and jogged the turns. My cool down was the mile jog back home. I did 2.98 miles in 30 minutes.
Jerry explained that speed work is important, because it increases your leg turnover.
In other words, your legs will never move faster unless you occasionally force them to.
I only did a mile of track work, but my legs are sore this morning! Today is a rest day and I only have two miles on Thursday. My legs could use the break.

Happy Hump Day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home