This Page

has been moved to new address

Mussels and Miles

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Hungry Heart: Mussels and Miles

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Mussels and Miles

Last night Jerry and I had a wonderful dinner at Ancora with my high school friend Clare. Clare is in the process of moving from Atlanta to New York City and is home in Utica for a little while. I always have so much fun when she visits, and appreciate that she always squeezes in some time to hang out when she is in town.
The food and conversation last night were wonderful.

Arugula beet salad with goat cheese and red onion
P.E.I. Mussels with tomatoes and chorizo
Marques De Riscal Rueda Blanco 2010
My dinner was very good. The salad was a nice blend of flavors; acidic from the balsamic, earthy from the beets, and creamy from the goat cheese. The mussels had onion, tomato, chorizo sausage, in a delicious broth. I was hoping to like the chorizo a little more, but the broth more than made up for it. I refrained from drinking it from the bowl, although Clare said she wouldn't blame me. Instead I soaked it up with some bread.

I was wishing I had eaten a few more carbs with dinner last night, since my plan was to run 7 miles. It turned out not to be a factor.


I ran 7.4 miles in just under 1:11 minutes, for a 9:34 pace. That is pretty much the fastest I have ever run. I actually meant to run slower, but I wear my iPhone on my arm while I run, and I couldn't really see my pace.

I headed out on the canal path, where it was just me and a few chipmunks for the first few miles. I saw Jerry (out on an 18 mile run) around mile 4. He gave me some water from his water belt, which was much needed.

My legs felt pretty tired by the end of the run. I like to finish my long runs feeling like I have a little bit left in the tank. It makes me feel better mentally when I add on mileage on the following week.

My total mileage for the week was 13.4 miles. Next week I am aiming for 15.

I'm off to enjoy my Saturday!

2 Comments:

At August 20, 2011 at 11:26 PM , Blogger Clare said...

I had the best time with you guys last night!!!! You guys are so much fun! Also, I just watched City Island and it was FANTASTIC! I owe you drinks this week! xoxo

 
At August 22, 2011 at 8:15 AM , Blogger LaurenMcC said...

Wow - I am not going to be able to keep up with you! That dinner sounded great, I have still not been to Ancora - maybe next time I am in UT

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home