This Page

has been moved to new address

Food Overload

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Hungry Heart: Food Overload

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Food Overload

Man, I have got to get back to blogging on a more regular schedule.

So much food from this weekend that hasn't made it to the blog!

Saturday morning's triple berry oats.


Frozen blueberries and raspberries, dried cranberries, granola, and Wild Squirrel Curious Cocoa-Nut Peanut Butter.
This was the best bowl of oats I have had in a while.

Sunday's lunch was homemade tomato soup and grilled cheese. 


Jerry had been asking for homemade tomato soup for a while, and this didn't disappoint.
My grilled cheese had sharp cheddar, smoked Gouda, and spinach. Yum!

And then there was our Super Bowl spread on Sunday.


Chips, hummus, and salsa. Homemade guacamole with crackers and veggies. And a huge pan of chicken wing dip.
Did I mention this spread was just for the two of us? We may have went a little overboard....
Even though I substituted half of the cream cheese with Greek yogurt, the chicken wing was delicious and not at all healthy.
Jerry is happily eating the leftover dip, and I called guacamole my lunch yesterday.

Finally, last night's dinner: Chicken Cacciatore.



This is a staple of mine and Jerry's. Giada's recipe is fantastic, and I follow it very closely.
With the following exceptions:
  • I use 2 bell peppers instead of one
  • I add some crushed red pepper for heat
  • I use boneless skinless chicken (because it is easier/faster and a little healthier)
Last night I used chicken thighs and I served it over whole wheat spaghetti.
I love this meal because it is actually pretty easy to throw together on a weeknight. (Ask me that after Baby T comes and I may change my story)
30 minutes of chopping and sauteing, and then you just leave it in the pot to simmer. Add a side of pasta and you have a complete carb/protein/veggie filled meal.
I love slow-cooked, one pot meals in the winter time.

Jerry and I will be eating leftovers for days!
Our fridge is so full of food, I can't even decide what to eat for lunch.
Wait, yes I can.

Guacamole.

3 Comments:

At February 7, 2012 at 10:34 AM , Blogger Denny Love said...

Sidenote: Chicken Cacciatore is one of my all time favorite meals. This looks amazing!!! You should make this again when I'm in town :) I'll bring the wine!

 
At February 7, 2012 at 11:06 AM , Blogger EHHMom said...

yay! food love is back on EHH!
My fav is the soup and grilled cheese!
your superbowl spread was totally appropriate :)
more posts? yes please.

 
At February 9, 2012 at 6:33 AM , Blogger Erin said...

Den, come over any time!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home