This Page

has been moved to new address

Back with a Vengenace

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Hungry Heart: Back with a Vengenace

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Back with a Vengenace

It's back!

My appetite, that is.
I'm finally back into the swing of cooking.

After gaining 3 pounds through my first 12 weeks of pregnancy, I gained 4 at my last appointment.
In 4 weeks!
I was a a little freaked out, but the nurse assured me I was well within the normal weight gain range.

I don't expect the results to be much different at my 18 week appointment on Tuesday.

Here's what we've been eating lately:



On Sunday I made a full on turkey dinner.
Mashed potatoes, stuffing, squash, the works.The standout was the gravy. SO good!
We have been using the leftovers throughout week.


I lightened dinner up a bit on Monday with homemade tzatziki dip served over spinach, with lots of veggies and some chicken breast.


Tuesday was pork tenderloin. Pork tenderloin is one of my favorites, and I have been having a hard time finding it in our grocery store lately. All they seem to have is pre-marinated loins injected with "up to 10% solution". Gross. I was psyched to see this all natural one in the store over the weekend.

This was the best pork tenderloin I have ever cooked. The flavors were simply honey and Dijon mustard, which were ok.
But the outside had a nice brown crust and the inside was moist and a touch pink.
I give credit to my cast iron skillet and meat thermometer.
Seared on the stove and then finished in the oven at 350 until the pork was 150.

I ate the more cooked ends, Jerry ate the pinker middle
I was also a fan of last night's dinner.
Jerry has been eating turkey leftovers all week, but I still had lots of turkey left over.
When I saw this recipe, I knew it was for me:

Food Network Magazine's Thai Chicken Soup

Onions, red peppers, curry paste, garlic, turkey stock, and coconut milk with thin rice noodles

Obviously I used turkey instead of chicken. I also added some freshly grated ginger and I substituted light coconut milk for regular.
It has 1/3 of the calories and fat of regular coconut milk.

This was delicious! Next time I would add a touch more curry paste or a little sriracha for extra spice.

What yummy things have you been cooking and eating this week?


1 Comments:

At January 26, 2012 at 6:26 PM , Blogger EHHMom said...

Eating is a pleasure and glad you are back to enjoying! Best meal of week?, Craig making homemade pizza!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home