This Page

has been moved to new address

Sadie Strikes Again

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Hungry Heart: Sadie Strikes Again

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Sadie Strikes Again

Telling people that we are pregnant is exciting news to share.
Its so fun to see people's reactions!

My Mom immediately wondered if she could quit her job.
My sister bounced in her bar stool for a solid 30 minutes.
My brother quoted Joey from Friends: "I'm going to be an uncle! Or an aunt....".
One of our friends was so excited he blurted out: "You're the first of my friends to get pregnant on purpose!"

But there has been one response that hasn't been filled with joy.

Not a normal place to lay




Jerry bought me this book for Christmas. I was so excited, it was the first thing either of us had bought for the Baby T.
The next day someone took it upon themselves to chew the corner off.
I cried for 15 solid minutes (you know, cause that's what I do now that I am pregnant).
Jerry promised to get me another book.
And then I cried again because "I can't even raise a dog, how am I going to be a good mother?!"

My poor poor husband. 

Sadie went on a separation anxiety rampage after the holidays. She started chewing all sorts of random things. Books, ornaments, toothpaste, a birthday present. Jerry's iPod case.
I know it has nothing to do with the pregnancy, but she seems to get angry when we leave the house and then looks for something (anything) to destroy while we are gone.
Since then we have had to keep her in her cozy little pen that Jerry built in the basement.
(Which makes me want to cry a little).

I'm hoping she can learn to behave soon, and am open to any suggestions!

Dinner last night was delicious.



I've been dying for a piece of wild salmon lately. And something to dip into ketchup.

I love how the salmon comes out when cooked in the cast iron skillet.
I put some seasoning on the fish and then cooked it flesh side down for about 4 minutes on Med/High. Then I flipped it over and put the skillet in a 400 degree oven for a few more minutes. (Time will depend on the thickness of the fish).
The salmon comes out super moist but with a nice crust on the outside.

On the side we had Alexia Oven Reds (with tons of ketchup) and sauteed zucchini and onion with tons of garlic and red pepper flakes.

The hardest part of this dinner was waiting 25 minutes for the fries to be done.

I wanted to go back for seconds of everything, but I knew that was a bad idea.
I am learning that my heartburn is worse when I eat a big meal.
It actually hasn't been too bad lately. I've only taken Maalox once in the past month!
But if I go back for seconds, it is definitely worse.

I managed to limit myself to a few more fries. With a lot more ketchup.

Happy Thursday!


3 Comments:

At February 9, 2012 at 9:22 AM , Blogger Joie said...

Our dog Gus has been equally ridden with whatever it is that causes dogs to go after things of value. I'm due today (why oh why am I not in labor?!?!) and for the past few weeks he has been particularly awful, going so far as to eat half a bottle of tums - he took the top off and literally just ate like 30 tums, yes I too suffer from heartburn.

And speaking of heartburn, I'm not sure where you stand on the whole meds-while-pregnant thing, but I was fairly anti that for a while. Until I had reflux-induced laryngitis for almost a month. No joke, two days on Pepcid and my voice came back. Your mileage may vary, but if you're really suffering, it's worth asking your doc/mw.

Back to the dog, though, the only thing I've found that works consistently is to either constantly supervise him or put him in the kennel. It makes me sad, but it's better than the alternative.

 
At February 9, 2012 at 10:48 AM , Blogger Kate said...

My kitten ate my work badge. I didn't even know cats chewed so many things! William and Sadie could be friends :)
And when Princess T is born and you read her the chewed book, Sadie will be calmly sitting near you, happy cause she "helped" read it, too :)

 
At February 9, 2012 at 11:42 AM , Blogger LaurenMcC said...

I'm still bouncing :)
Maybe you need to call Cesar! Or get Sadie a friend to keep her company!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home