This Page

has been moved to new address

Dough Knots and Trader Joe's

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Hungry Heart: Dough Knots and Trader Joe's

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Dough Knots and Trader Joe's

It's been a week of fast dinners at our house this week.

Monday I was sick, so Jerry ordered Chinese food while I stayed plastered firmly to our couch.

He also helped my parents with a few last minute projects on their house. They are officially moving on Friday!

After another stop at my parents house on Tuesday, Jer and I made a quick run to the grocery store.
I came home and threw together an easy Indian dinner.


We stopped at Trader Joe's in New Jersey on our way home this weekend. I picked up this Masala sauce, and was excited to try it.

I sauteed onion, garlic, and red peppers, and then added a chopped potato and one cup of water.
After they simmered for a while, I added chopped chicken and the sauce.


This cooked covered for about 15 minutes. I threw in some frozen peas and dinner was ready!
(Thanks to leftover white rice from our takeout on Monday).

I really wish we lived closer to a Trader Joe's.
I'm not generally a fan of jarred sauces, but this was pretty good and very easy.
For my taste, it could have been a little spicier, but I would definitely buy it again.


Last night's dinner was equally as fast.
To be honest, dinner was fast because I was cranky.
I hadn't eaten since 2pm and by the time dinner rolled around 5/6 hours later, my blood sugar was way low. I had heartburn and nothing sounded appealing for dinner. So Jerry offered to make a salad.

I took out some pizza dough and made Dough Knots. (aka my family's version of garlic knots).


So we ate big salads with dough knots dipped in a pile of herbed ricotta cheese.
This random dinner tasted amazing to me. Jerry and I ate almost an entire pound of pizza dough.

I will be happy to share a recipe for Dough Knots soon.
Frankly, they are so special they deserve a separate post. And multiple batches.


Does anyone else love Trader Joe's?
Rumor has it Albany and possibly Rochester are getting stores. I sense a road trip in my future...

I'm brainstorming another quick dinner for tonight. We have our first childbirth class this evening!

6 Comments:

At April 26, 2012 at 8:29 AM , Blogger Sara P said...

Rochester is definitely getting a TJs, it's on the website as "Coming Soon". And it's Pittsford so it's this side of Rocacha, and not far from the Thruway. I absolutely plan on going as frequently as possible.

 
At April 26, 2012 at 8:37 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Say whaaaaaaa? Trader Joe's in the land of...Wegmans?! You don't say!

 
At April 26, 2012 at 9:58 AM , Blogger Joie said...

The Trader Joe's in Albany is opening right across from my office! I'm so excited (if I can deal with leaving the baby and going back to work, that is) to go there.

I really can't wait to read about your Dough Knots. I love pizza dough so much I eat it raw. Is that weird?

 
At April 26, 2012 at 5:05 PM , Blogger Erin said...

I am up for trips to Trader Joe's and Wegmans :)
Joie, my husband eats raw pizza dough all the time! He even likes his pizza slightly undercooked.

 
At April 26, 2012 at 5:40 PM , Blogger LaurenMcC said...

That is super exciting! While I do love Wegmans, Trader Joe's is great for so much - nuts, nut butter, a better selection of organic and that salted caramel dark chocolate!

 
At April 26, 2012 at 6:11 PM , Blogger EHHMom said...

I will NOT be ashamed to admit I will be going ALOT to Albany
love the dough knot/salad dinner :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home