This Page

has been moved to new address

Re-Stocked

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Hungry Heart: Re-Stocked

Monday, June 4, 2012

Re-Stocked

I am making my list and checking it twice.
After slacking off at grocery shopping for too many weeks in a row, I have my list stocked with lots of produce and quite a few staples as well.
I can't wait to have a re-stocked kitchen.
Hopefully that means some yummy stuff on the blog in the weeks ahead!

Last week Jerry and I made chicken salad for dinner.

I believe there are two types of chicken salad.
I lump them into two categories; chunky and spreadable.

I like both kinds of chicken salad, but this smooth-er version is one of Jerry's favorites.
We make our "spreadable" chicken salad with the help of the food processor.


Into the food processor:
  • 1 small yellow onion, roughly chopped
  • 2 small stalks of celery, roughly chopped
Pulse 2-3 times to finely chop veggies.
  • add 3 cups of chopped or shredded cooked chicken (I used a roasted chicken from the grocery store)
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • a pinch of paprika
  • 4 tablespoons mayonnaise or plain yogurt (I used 2 tbls of each)
Pulse again 2-4 times until chicken is incorporated and you get the consistency you like.
You can add more or less mayo, depending on how moist you want your chicken salad.

This comes together in no time, thanks to the food processor.


Jerry prefers his on toasted bread with extra onion (I know, shocking).
But I really enjoyed mine scooped with an ice cream scooper onto some mixed greens.

This batch will make 4-6 servings (depending on how thick you make your sandwich). And it is great as leftovers.
I ate this again on Saturday, and used it as a dip for some celery sticks.

I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!

I spent mine at a breastfeeding class, picking up the last few things off of our baby registry (gotta have a diaper pail!), looking at pictures of my sister's trip to Italy, celebrating my great aunt's 94th birthday, and awaiting the arrival of my newest nephew.
He should make his entrance into the world today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home