This Page

has been moved to new address

Dinner Hash

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Hungry Heart: Dinner Hash

Friday, May 25, 2012

Dinner Hash

I'm so glad it is Friday.
And so glad it is a long weekend! 
I have been hoarding my sick/vacation time at work to use on maternity leave, and I am looking forward to a day off.

I satisfied my breakfast-for-dinner craving this week.
It was (almost) as good as I could have hoped.


The hash included potatoes, onion, garlic, and carrots.
I put the onions, carrots, and garlic in a pan to saute.
I peeled and chopped the potatoes, and boiled them for about 7 minutes, until they were a little soft.
Then everything went into the pan together, with a little canola oil, butter, and paprika.


This cooked on Med/Hi for about 10-15 minutes. I stirred it around every few to prevent burning.

Some spinach got steamed on the side, and then we cooked our eggs to go over top.


I added a puddle of ketchup, of course.


There are two things that would have made this ever-so-slightly better:
A nice runny egg.
And crispier potatoes.

As I was cooking the hash, I realized this would have been much better accomplished in our cast iron skillet.
Cast iron = crispy potatoes!
That just means I will have to make this again.

Jerry won't complain, he liked this so much he said he wished he could order it in a diner.
Hearing that made me almost as happy as folding these:


Is there anythig cuter than a pile of newborn onesies?!


Happy Weekend!

2 Comments:

At May 25, 2012 at 8:05 AM , Blogger EHHMom said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At May 25, 2012 at 8:07 AM , Blogger EHHMom said...

breakfast for dinner when you were little meant scrambled eggs and french toast. I like yours better.
Cuter onsies? when your little one is wearing them :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home