This Page

has been moved to new address

Bad Habits

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Hungry Heart: Bad Habits

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Bad Habits

It has become noticeable to me that posts about Baby T are the most popular. I'm sure this will continue to be the case once she arrives as well!

I know some people refer to Hungry Heart as a food blog. I post a lot of what I eat, but that wasn't my real intention.
I like to think of it as a "healthy living" blog. And to me, healthy living is about daily activities, what I eat, and the general goings on of the Tylutki household.
After the arrival of our little peanut, I'm sure there will be lots of pictures of her.
But hopefully the blog will be a reflection of a family on a healthy living adventure. Including, food, fitness, and plenty of baby pictures!

On to the food:


This sandwich was one of those dinners when I felt a little sad after it was gone. I wanted to eat it again.
It was just pepperjack cheese, lettuce, tomato, and avocado. And a nice layer of hot sauce.

With baby cucumbers and Simply Dressed Light Blue Cheese dressing on the side.


Have you tried Marzetti's Simply Dressed line of salad dressings?


They contain yogurt, and are all natural. The blue cheese was an ok substitute for their full fat blue cheese dressing (our favorite). It was tangy with a few chunks of blue cheese.
Personally, I think I would rather stick with their regular dressing, mixed with a little lemon juice. More tang, about the same fat as the light version.
But this was a decent choice for a pregnant woman on a serious blue cheese kick.

I feel as though I have eaten fairly healthy while being pregnant. But somewhere along these 9 months I picked up a few bad habits:
  • I butter my toast
  • I eat ice cream approximately 6-7 days a week
  • I have been eating creamy salad dressings
  • I have an after work snack meal of cereal
  • I have about 3 sodas per week (usually root beer, and only the last month or so)
  • I haven't been eating enough veggies
I am confident I can cut out many of these habits after Baby T arrives. I will be fine without soda and creamy blue cheese dressing.
But saying goodbye to my daily Breyer's Neopolitan and Honey Nut Cheerios might be another story...

6 Comments:

At June 28, 2012 at 8:25 AM , Blogger jt_speedfreak said...

You will be welcomed back to the wonderful world of coffee!

 
At June 28, 2012 at 10:17 AM , Blogger Kate said...

For some reason, I loved this blog! And I love cereal, one of the best "snack" ever :)

 
At June 28, 2012 at 12:43 PM , Blogger LaurenMcC said...

I say keep on buttering your toast!
I have also been on a creamy salad dressing kick and have gone through almost a whole bottle of the Bolthouse ranch dressing that is also made with yogurt.
So good on a summer salad with corn and tomatoes!

 
At June 28, 2012 at 7:43 PM , Blogger EHHMom said...

So maybe a smaller dollop of creamy dressing, a littler bowl of neopolitan and an occasional root beer, and butter, well your 98 pound Nan always buttered her toast!
Can't wait for the fun, food and fitness of the Tylutki Family of 3!

 
At June 28, 2012 at 9:02 PM , Anonymous Emily said...

The simply dressed strawberry poppyseed is my favorite. Mixed with greens, pecans, berries and goat cheese. Yum!

 
At July 2, 2012 at 4:13 PM , Blogger Denny Love said...

butter and toast = mainstay.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home