This Page

has been moved to new address

Sad Day for Hungry Heart

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Hungry Heart: Sad Day for Hungry Heart

Monday, July 16, 2012

Sad Day for Hungry Heart

I accidentally deleted all the photos on my Blogger account.

I deleted what I thought were old photos on Google + (which I have never used), and didn't realize they were the ones being used by the blog.

It is not possible to restore the photos. I am sick over it.

I have deleted my Google+ account to prevent this from happening again.

I am currently deciding on what to do with the blog.

In the meantime, here are a couple more pictures of our beautiful daughter.






a note from Jerry:
This is a terrible design decision by Google; Google+ should not be hosting/sharing any and all images that your Google account touches. There needs to be degrees of separation between the different features that Google offers, whether it is Gmail, Blogger, Picasa, Google+, or any of the others. Each user should be given the settings to sync all of these, but it should not be the default for all users. A "google" search will show you just how many people have fallen victim to this design flaw - many people have lost much more blogging history. 

8 Comments:

At July 16, 2012 at 10:10 PM , Blogger LaurenMcC said...

I'm so sorry! I hope you decide to leave the blog up and to keep blogging. Your posts make my day and I can't wait to read about your adventures with Virginia.

 
At July 16, 2012 at 10:25 PM , Blogger Kate said...

That's awful! But I agree with Lauren, I hope you decide to leave the blog up. Stupid Google. I can't believe you can't get them back somehow, that's ridiculous! But even without pics, you're recipes and stories are still great!

 
At July 16, 2012 at 11:24 PM , Blogger ridiculouslikethat said...

Have you tried looking at cached versions of the site? It would probably be time consuming but maybe you could recover the photos that way?

 
At July 16, 2012 at 11:25 PM , Blogger ridiculouslikethat said...

Have you tried looking at cached versions of the site? It would probably be time consuming but maybe you could recover the photos that way?

 
At July 17, 2012 at 7:54 AM , Blogger EHHMom said...

It is a sad circumstance! Your work on the blog was a laborious of love! Onward to Virginia adventures

 
At July 17, 2012 at 8:39 AM , Blogger jt_speedfreak said...

Google bots don't walk the blogs so the cached versions are a no-go as well.

 
At July 17, 2012 at 8:45 AM , Blogger LaurenMcC said...

by the way the pic of Virginia in the sunglasses and sundress is adorable!

 
At July 17, 2012 at 12:50 PM , Blogger ridiculouslikethat said...

Oh man. That really is an awful design flaw.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home